DECISION MAKING (using Soccer analogy)

Neymar: If Messi has the ball I immediately run to the 18-yard area because I know he will cross the ball.
Bale: If CR7 has the ball I immediately stop running because I know he won't pass to me.
Martial: If Rooney has the ball I immediately turn and start defending because I know its going to result to a counter attack (as he would lose the ball to an opponent)
Giroud: If Ozil has the ball, I try to find a place to hide but he will always find me with a pass. I'm tired of him.
From the above you can actually give a name for the types of possible decision making style based on the analogy I used.
1. INDIVIDUAL/SELFISH decisions (CR7)
2. TEAM BASED/GROUP decisions (Ozil)
3. PROGRAMMED decisions (Messi)
4.  NON PROGRAMMED decisions (Rooney)

There are actually much more and many other types of decision and there are several players I can use to denote them; such as Antonio Valencia decision, Walcott decision, Eden Hazard decision etc..
MORAL LESSONS: 
Aside from trying to create a joke/fun using soccer; this is actually reality. the above write-up is all about DECISION!!!
Your decisions about everything (spiritual, physical, emotional, social, financial) will always have a particular pattern or flow of direction. The above mentioned names all ready know the decision style of their team mates. Same goes in the corporate environment/workplace. Your colleague, superior (boss, manager, etc) already know your decision making style. This can have a long way in the way people see you. It could give you a positive image or a negative image.

Decisions also determine the direction in which you run/move/go. Some decisions make you and the entire team in which it impact upon move forward (Neymar), some make you move backward (Martial), some make you stop moving (Bale), while some make you confused all together.

Question is: do your friends, work associates, colleagues, bosses know the decision you will make as regards any matter/event??
Are you predictable??? you should be predictable because people find it easier trusting predictable people.
P.S: I prefer the Ozil-based decision style. Which is your preferred option???

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO TURN YOUR WINDOWS PC INTO A WI-FI HOTSPOT

HOW TO TAKE A SCREENSHOT ON ALMOST ANY DEVICE